Skip to main content

Appreciation Post


What is up my good folk?

I've got a fresh idea off the press, and by the title you can get a good idea. I'll be sporadically posting a few songs here and there that I especially like. Genres are limitless but sometimes there will be similar themes because some songs just stick for one reason or another. Enjoy!




In my opinion, Air Miami is one of the best indie rock/pop bands of the 90's. They weren't afraid to experiment and have a lot to offer. During their brief existence, they curated 2 albums mixed with a lot of demos and 1 EP. I highly recommend giving a listen to this album if you enjoy Adidas My Ass. 



First things first, this album is absolutely killer overall. Bombay Bicycle Club has been around for years but personally their first album tops the rest. I don't mean that in a snobby way but The Hill is probably in my top 100, if not potentially top 50 songs of all time. The Hill is a way too relatable song that reminds me of when I was younger riding bikes with my friends, only to acknowledge and accept the fact that we were growing up and apart. We all have a time we wish to revisit.

Superstitions of the Sky- Things Said In Passing


Superstitions of the Sky was an emo acoustic side project between Josh Jakubowski and Vadim Taver. I stumbled upon these guys randomly shortly after I met my now fiancé. It's cheesy in a sense and I felt that way sharing this song back then with her but it's really that good. Together they made 2 albums which I've had difficulty trying to find compiled as a whole online. A lot of their work is on Youtube and it's worth the dive if you like old school feelsy acoustic duets.


Only 3 songs you say?
"Weak! I want more!"

I kid, but I'm new to this yet. Not just blogger itself but actually attempting to write about music in general. Bear with me you internet tumblers, I have loads of music to share!



Side note: If anyone, and I mean anyone (because I'm not going out of my way to promote this blog other than in conversations here and there, I'd like people to view out of pure curiosity/enjoyment) stumbles upon this blog, feel free to share ideas or opinions on what I post. Thanks for checking it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Da Hell, Man?"

  "Where am I? What's goin' on here?" Sheesh, what laziness on the blog front of things. I've stated in the past that I felt no need to rush any posts, and that since I do this for fun I would only post when I felt I had something worth posting. Not that I haven't had post worthy content, but I've been lacking in posts over here. I love to post on the FB page as I can quickly post a song or a music video, but still. I figured due to my absence here I might as well give general music updates (playlists), and new artists that I've been bopping frequently. One of the playlists that I've been updating the most frequently is the Swancore Inspired Bops Playlist. Tons of great artists take on the great Progressive Post-Hardcore sound that has been developed so well. Resilia is one that captures that sound nicely, and they've got some new content lately although they only have a few songs overall. Silver/Amnesty is an excellent one. One that I've r

November Round Up

Damn I'm late Hey y'all! It's roundup time. Apologies in advance as this'll be a fairly quick post but there's still been a nice rotation of songs this month. Let's jump right into things! Driveways- October Forever (album) Where do I start with this one? Driveways has found a way to blend multiple styles within their own style and make it sound superb. You have elements of pop punk, emo, R&B, and easycore. Songs like Contours and Fifteen Over Five sound like Neck Deep. October Forever sounds just like an A Day To Remember song. Contradictions & Perennials have some nice guitar work and lyrical punch like Tiny Moving Parts. It's hard to not really just love how well they've blended it all together. If you're into the R&B aspect more Sleep Paralysis is also really well put together. Fu Manchu- Evil Eye I'm usually not a big fan of the droning sounds of stoner rock, but Fu Manchu has just the right amount of ene

February Roundup Vol. 2

  Shame, shame, shame! I've been quite lazy on the blog front of things lately but I will always try to post my monthly playlists since I'm always looking for new music. FB posts are still at least a few times a week so there's that. Nevertheless, February had a lot of nice music for me, and it'd be a crime to not share some of em. Worst Party Ever- False Teeth This is that perfect sing along type of emo. I've definitely glanced over Worst Party Ever before and I'm glad I finally listened to them. False Teeth is really great but Road Trip is like, wow factor for me. It's vocally reminiscent of another band that I cannot remember but its right there, agh. Regardless WPE will be a frequent listen for me going forward. For The Win- Crash and Burn For The Win is not super unique per se, as you can draw a lot of influences but that's not to say the music is bad. Crash and Burn is a nice feelsy and vocally wholesome song but I cannot help but internally laugh